Who Designed the Seven (7) The Cliffs Courses?
The Cliffs was originally supposed to be home to Tiger Woods’ first golf course design. When driving from Hickory or Statesville to Asheville on I-40 everyone remembers seeing the billboard that said “See what inspired me.” Well, many things happened since then to cause that project to fall through. A great housing market recession and Tiger needing to get his personal life on the right track were among the many reasons the project did not come to a completion. That did not stop “The Cliffs” from becoming one of the most prestigious groups of golf courses in the mountains of North Carolina and upstate South Carolina. With seven (7) amazing golf courses are part of their portfolio, The Cliffs rivals McConnell Golf in terms of elite golf courses in one group.
Here are the designers of the Seven (7) The Cliffs golf courses in North Carolina and South Carolina:
- The Cliffs at Glassy (Landrum, SC) – Tom Jackson
- The Cliffs at Valley (Travelers Rest, SC) – Ben Wright
- The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards (Sunset, SC ) – Tom Fazio
- The Cliffs at Keowee Springs (Six Mile, SC) – Tom Fazio
- The Cliffs at Walnut Cove (Arden, NC ) – Jack Nicklaus
- The Cliffs at Keowee Falls (Salem, SC) – Jack Nicklaus
- The Cliffs at Mountain Park (Marietta, SC) – Gary Player
Map of The Cliffs Golf Course Locations